rear bumper/rollpan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

718frankb

LOCAL 282 TEAMSTERS
Reaction score
i wanted a rollpan and a hitch i was trying to move the gas tank foward a lil bit but being lowered i only had about 3 inches between the tank and rear end and need at least 5 or 6 so im not keeping the hitch. i bought an 03 escalade with a 6.0 to tow with instead .lol

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 66
OP
OP
97yukon

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wanted a rollpan and a hitch i was trying to move the gas tank foward a lil bit but being lowered i only had about 3 inches between the tank and rear end and need at least 5 or 6 so im not keeping the hitch. i bought an 03 escalade with a 6.0 to tow with instead .lol

haha thatll work lol. yea im not sure if i could move it up. probably going to go with 99-06 bumper.

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
minidsc01117.jpg

minidsc01054.jpg

970Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

He bought a Sir Michael's hidden hitch and and takes the license plate off when he tows. they make a flip down and a scissor push up bracket so that the plate can stay on when you put the receiver in. The hitch is about $250 and means you have to remove the spare and lose it.

OP
OP
97yukon

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He bought a Sir Michael's hidden hitch and and takes the license plate off when he tows. they make a flip down and a scissor push up bracket so that the plate can stay on when you put the receiver in. The hitch is about $250 and means you have to remove the spare and lose it.

your crossing a pickup and a tahoe lol. the tahoe has a gas tank there..not a spare tire, thats in the back of the tahoe. Also you do not have to get rid of the spare tire on the truck..you can relocate it but its not a must..u can get a way with not doing it. I had a rollpan on my old pickup so i know how everything works. I got a hold of him on fullsizechevy..nice guy. he told me what he had to do(made a hitch to work from scratch) and mount the roll pan. By the way i bought a stage 3 hidden hitch from summit racing 3 years ago for 125 bucks brand new shipped. thanks for the input though. any help is appreciated.

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look how far down his gas tank sticks down. It looks like the top of the tank is almost even with the bottom of the frame? I wonder if that's how he got the hidden hitch behind the roll pan?

I have seen the newer bumpers on our body styles and not a huge fan because they look to big and bulky for some reason imo.... but hell what do I know lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimB-MN

Latest posts