Rear Bumper Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYBLACK 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Someone hit my truck in a parking lot last weekend. I need to replace the rear bumper cover.

I have 2013 Tahoe LT and would like to buy 2013 LTZ parts
Will the LTZ bumper bolt up with out any mods?
Will my back up sensors switch over?
Will the hitch cover fit my factory set up?

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me 15 mins in my driveway. Pretty sure all you need is a 7 or 8mm socket too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MYBLACK 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a place I can get the OEM part numbers?

Bumper cover
hitch cover
is there a bracket for the hitch cover? I know the dual exhaust hitch cover needs something.

Will the top part/plastic step piece switch over?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gmpartsdirect.com you can go to their catalog and find the part, add it to your cart, and start the "check out process". The last page before you actually pay it will show the part number.

No bracket for the hitch cover. I still have mine sitting in my garage from my old 07 esky if you want to buy one lol but they can be found for ebay around 50-100 depending on age and condition.

No the top plastic step piece isn't deep enough. The other one on ltz's with the chrome trim is two different pieces that clip in together: the black plastic piece and the chrome trim separately.

OP
OP
M

MYBLACK 13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered the 07-14 Tahoe LTZ bumper. It arrived at the body shop to be painted and installed today. The body shop called and said there is an extra "lip" on the sides that look like they should tuck under the quarter panel and it won't fit. Did we get the wrong part? Sorry I can't give a better description I haven't seen it.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u get a Long Wheel Base bumper cover on accident made for suburbans and Yukon XL's? They look the same but slightly longer on the sides. I did this swap and it fits perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliCamarillo