rear bagged with pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
You're 2wd right Justin? You have more shaft since there is no tcase in the 2wd trucks.

I am 2WD. The sound drives me bonkers. Is sounds kind of like air brakes on a big rig, at the end of their stop when it gets real "*****-wonky". The sound is relative to the rotation of the wheels but seems to be caused by the bouncing of the rear since it is more prominent when stopping on a bumpy road. Also, if I raise the rear and then let it back down it isn't as bad, it seems to get worse after driving lowered for a few days.

hat makes it more annoying is that every time I get my buddy in the truck to try and figure it out it won't make the damn noise.

Max......on another note. I want to go to Bilstiens but am not sure which to go with. I am 04' Tahoe, 2WD, 4'' drop in front w/spindles and keys, bagged and notched in the back w about 7'' drop at ride height. I plan on bagging the front after the holidays. I need new shocks especially up front since I put in the low pro ES bump stops. Will I need shock extenders in the rear to run Bilstiens?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'd run the extensions for more travel, I used the 5100 series 21.54" extended length for the front it will depend on how he sets everything up but quite a few people run a stud off the lca and build an upper shock mount on the frame angled toward the rear...the bilsteins will ride great with bags tho.

OP
OP
S

SQNALI

Reaction score
Grocery Getter --

It is possible that its the driveshaft to rear trans output shaft seal rubbing - not real sure on the different plunge lengths of the 2wd though. Wish the truck was closer -- maybe come help you check it out. I would love to put it on a drive-on style rack and air it out. Get under it when its dropped and see whats going on in there. It sounds like a tire rub issue but I known you've stated that its not the tires.

Suppose my recommendation would be to get 2 car ramps and back it up them so you can get under it with the suspension loaded. Air it out and see if there is any clearance issues. Good luck

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the rear end on my Tahoe. I haven't posted any pics yet because it's about to go to the paint shop, but it lays frame front and back. When I air it up to drive and virtually any height, I get the same honk/squeak that Grocery Getter is talking about. It also seems to be worse when the driveline is unloaded, but it is noticeable when it is loaded some as well. Clearances all seem to be in check and everything LOOKS to be lined up. Any advice from anyone?!?

justblazz00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with the rear end on my Tahoe. I haven't posted any pics yet because it's about to go to the paint shop, but it lays frame front and back. When I air it up to drive and virtually any height, I get the same honk/squeak that Grocery Getter is talking about. It also seems to be worse when the driveline is unloaded, but it is noticeable when it is loaded some as well. Clearances all seem to be in check and everything LOOKS to be lined up. Any advice from anyone?!?

Derek . is ur driveshaft two piece or one . i heard about ur tahoe . i talk to berto at sema . sounds pretty sick . i need some pics sucka lol

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amazing job for a BOA setup.. if you really are a 1/10 of an inch from pumpkin to floorboard on a BOA then YOU my friend have hit the magic number for way the **** cheaper than i did.. extending the control arms make a WHOLE lot of difference.. but i know for me to lay pumpkin to floorboard i had to do a cheap add on rear triangulated 2 link to delete the panhard and do a "behind the axle" setup.. which.. is NOT worth it for the 1/10 of an inch lower that you it got me..not to mention it got me 1/10 of an inch lower than you but COST me damn near 3 inches at the top since a "behind the axle" is on the high side of the fulcrum lol..

Congrats man all around!! Great work in concept so far on this!! I cant wait to see this thing finished!!

Last edited:

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I bagged my rear and when I am riding at say 30-31'' fender to ground I get a honking-goose sound coming from the rear end when coming to a slow stop, only when there is no load on the drive shaft. I never get it on acceleration or during a hard stop, only when coming to a slow controlled stop. Do you think the could be a result of what you are talking about here? I am bagged with a pipe notch just like the one you put in but am running stock 4link and panhard. I will be putting in an adjustable pan hard a s soon as my buddy get's back from SEMA and has time to do it.

i have started getting a "sigh" type noise. didnt happen right away after bagging and only happens when i turn right into a drive way. if i turn left it doesnt happen, if go straight in it doesnt happen. i have check everything and i am thinking maybe its the drive shaft? i have an 01 suburban, 2whd, 1500 but i am no where near as low as you guys

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Derek . is ur driveshaft two piece or one . i heard about ur tahoe . i talk to berto at sema . sounds pretty sick . i need some pics sucka lol

What's up big homie!
Mine is a one-piece driveshaft and I <think> I may have the problem narrowed down to needing it shortened just a hair. I'll keep everyone updated.

I was trying to hold off on pics until it gets painted and the interior back in. It's just on some Escalade 18s now but I've got some GFG 3-piece 24s for rollers...

OP
OP
S

SQNALI

Reaction score
Thanks mob,

Ive put about 4500 miles on the suspension now and its absolutely killer. Will be doing a couple more things to clean up/finish the rear, then its on to the front in January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n