Rear Bag Setups, POST UP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lets see how you guys bagged them. im posting mine in the "how-not-to" :)) section until i can redo it

Lifted99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is your setup? I dont think there is any members here with a bagged SUV yet. There are many options out there. The same for the trucks, the SUV's just have a limited room underneath the floor.

I have seen every rear setup you can see on the OBS/NBS SUVS. Which can be the same on any truck with air.

2-Links BOA
4-Links BOA
4-Links bag on bar
4-Links bag behind bar

Parellel 2-4 Link setups
Triangulated 2-4 Link setups

Wish I can help you. But there is just not enough bagged SUV's out there. Every year a few pop up. Just not the same amount as their truck counter parts.

OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my setup was shifty at best, i left the leaf springs, did a flip then added a crossmember and weld on axle brackets. it sat too high so i removed the middle springs from the leaf pack bringin it down to the level in my sig. the rear would bob and bounce really bad with the bags fighting the leafs. im plannin on yankin the leafs, doin some kinda link and laying her out, i have 2" spindles just need control arms for the front.

and yeah i see, mostly 4x4s in here. maybe someone will see some drop threads and start postin, worked w/you. ;)

thanks for hangin out man!

Last edited:

Lifted99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a setup. Get rid of the leafs and run a Weld On Parellel 4-Link. That will take the least amount of cutting etc... Wont need to go into the floor at all. And run a BOA (bag over axle). Probaly the most popular setup for the SUV's.

OP
OP
N

nine5yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any recomendations on the parallel setup? im goin to the rockers so i need a super notch too, my chunk is right against the floor now with a flip/notch.

and dude, it worked, but you can imagine how well...lmao

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
mine had a 2 link with track bar (diagonal link) and bags mounted on the bars.i did have to raise and mod the floor under back seats. i had buckets in back no bench.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bag over axle setups screw you on drop height unless you notch it hard and do the bag mounts inside the cab.. (really no to big of a deal) But the best way to do it is mock up a 4 link that runs from the front AND rear.. basically a set of trailing arms that run from the front and connect to the top of the rearend and a set that runs from the rear and connects to the bottom... and do the bag mounts off the front or rear trailing arms.

A good cantalever setup will give you 12-18 inches of movement and ride as good or better than stock.

Bagging your body style is sick cause its so square so it lays out hard..

Mine is stock front trailing arms on djm mounts. Removed uppers. and manufactured rear links at a hard ass angle so it doesnt need a pan hard and a bag behind axle mount.

psycheus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a decent bag setup, however I'm not really sure where to start. I also need to find a local shop in the Bay Area, CA (SF).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts