Rear Ac blows warm air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aquinonez90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hrllo guys, Im new to the forums and thought maybe someone can help me out. So I have an 02 yukon and it has never given me problems until I moved to the Hot side of California. I started to use the AC alot more than usual and had to refill freon into the system couple months ago. A week ago I had to disconnect the rear blend actuator door leaving the door in the cold side while I get a chance to order a new actuator. It was blowing cold air until yesterday it started blowing warmish air through the rear vents. If I turn the door/flapper into the hot position it blows hit air, and if I turn it to the cold, it blows warm outside air..... Trying to figure what the problem is. Front AC works fine...although when driving it seems to blow colder air....Im lost...might need more freon?...help.

The yukon.

IMG_20170128_170109.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
although when driving it seems to blow colder air.

You have more airflow on the condenser while driving which will be cooler, at the same time that shows a shortage of Freon. Be sure and check for oily residue in the top of compressor @ both shrader valves where you attach hose to recharge. If it shows any sign of leakage the valves can be changed. Finally, don't just add Freon, take your Yukon to a facility that has the correct machine to EVACUATE/RECHARGE the system with the correct amount, no guess work, you will be glad you did. JMHO and good luck.
David g.........:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Aquinonez90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just had a mobile mechanic look at the truck. And he swore by changing the expansion valve in the rear and a new orifice should do the trick. Sure enough the rear has cold air but the front no longer has cold air.....WTF?....There goes my money......Im bummed out. He says the front could of gotten clogged.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just had a mobile mechanic look at the truck. And he swore by changing the expansion valve in the rear and a new orifice should do the trick. Sure enough the rear has cold air but the front no longer has cold air.....WTF?....There goes my money......Im bummed out. He says the front could of gotten clogged.

He may have installed the wrong office tube. If the front was blowing cold there's no reason he should've needed to change the OT because it was doing its job.