rear ac and heat on 95???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big95hoe

Reaction score
I just picked up a 95 Tahoe LT with the interior gutted from the steering wheel back and was wondering if anyone knows if they came with rear ad and heat I see that the suburban did I'm trying to find all the pieces and this is the only thing I'm kinda stumped on any help would be great thanks in advance

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe the tahoe ever had the rear heat, but the rear AC came along in 98...I think.

If the interior is gutted, and you have all the pieces, You can probably make it work.

Shawn

OP
OP
big95hoe

big95hoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I don't have anything for it interior wise I've been going to th local salvage yard and the only floor diverter I could find was the one that went to the rear still have a Lon way to go though

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 95 has a floor diverter that does AC or heat but not a true rear AC/Heat setup. It sits under the carpet in front of the center console and travels down the comes out behind the front seats.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They never had rear a/c until 98, however you could option one with rear heat if you lived in colder climes. It was an electric heater that pumped out some pretty good btu's, but GM never offered the rear heat-a/c setup like the Suburbans until the nbs. I'm going to modify the rear a/c on my 99 to also have heat, but because of the way the seats are setup, it will be out of the face vents only, no foot heat. Won't be ideal, but it'll be something.

95BlackTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if you couldn't add rear A/C into a 95, if you had all the parts... I'm sure it would not be easy, but just wonder if things are the same for the most part...

Shawn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper