REAL FACTS ABOUT HID LIGHTING-A Must Read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are certain points of your post i still disagree with. so as not to derail this thread it ends here.

on a side note, i love my HIDS

Last edited:

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread was derailed from the very first post. I read you original post... i think we are approaching the same point from opposite directions.

Agree the summons to trafic court will never cite FMVSS 108 as violation... instead will cite the state statute.

However I know a local sheriff who is well known for enforcing immigration laws... even that consists of only holding suspected illegals in jail until ICE arrives to verify their identity, and setting up sobriety/insurance check points in areas heavily populated by illegals. Nothing illegal about that. :)

The onus to provide proof of legality is always on the defendant.

Last edited:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread was derailed from the very first post. I read you original post... i think we are approaching the same point from opposite directions.

You may be right about my comment.. i just know personally.. i get bother more by poorly aimed halogens than i do by hids.. 10 fold.. but then it might be because thees just more out there .. and i didnt really take that into account..

Fun lil fact......

There WAS a state that tried to ban hids across the board.. i dont remember which.. ohio. .iowa.. something like that.. even had the audacity to attempt to force their own edition of certain cars (like california emitions editions) they wanted their own halogen editions..

when told no one in their state would be able to buy anything new but pickups and Kias.. they decided to go another route.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
that is funny as hell!!! But in a way illustrates a point, of which, every cop will enforce or decide on what to do about any and everything legal or illegal and if or not to give a ticket for ANYTHING. Being HID headlights, bulb colors, tint, speeding, noise, exhibition of speed etc. etc.......

While everyone will have there own opinion on this HID discussion. It really has gone off base, wasn't intended to get into legality of HID headlights, was intended to inform people (hopefully) a better or precautious way of installing HID's into there vehicle. While not saying installing HID's into reflector housing is ILLEGAL, just saying it "USUALLY" will cause glare of some sorts compared to projector headlights or retrofitting!!! Even then, halogen projectors can also cause glare, so it's not necessarily the housing as much as the install, and proper aiming of the headlights, color of the bulbs and so have you. Thread was meant to just give some additional information to everyone regarding HID's, whether you agree with it, consider it, or use it, doesn't matter. But as long as people are informed regarding what can, could, would, or may, may not happen, you are alittle bit more informed non the less.

While EAGLE has given great information regarding vehicle lighting laws, doesn't mean that EVERYONE out there with HID headlights, no matter what housing you have, ie. reflector, projector, is going to get pulled over and ticketed for having HID's. Every cop, or state or what ever official, will decide on there own what LAWS they are gonna enforce on any given situation. But just cause you got pulled over and not ticketed, doesn't mean the next guy won't!!!!

Was a great discussion non the less though, and appreciate everyones insight and thoughts regarding HID's, and whether you agree or disagree on any issue regarding HID's, being informed on any issue never hurt.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't mean that EVERYONE out there with HID headlights, no matter what housing you have, ie. reflector, projector, is going to get pulled over and ticketed for having HID's. Every cop, or state or what ever official, will decide on there own what LAWS they are gonna enforce on any given situation. But just cause you got pulled over and not ticketed, doesn't mean the next guy won't!!!!

Was a great discussion non the less though, and appreciate everyones insight and thoughts regarding HID's, and whether you agree or disagree on any issue regarding HID's, being informed on any issue never hurt.

Agreed 100%. Thanks for the courtesy from everyone.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yup, +1.

It is possible to disagree w/out being a d-bag about it. I think we managed to prove that with this thread.

:Handshake:

Mester320

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since this is now a huge debate and I have HID's in my stock headlights which seems to be what everyone hates I for one think they look alot better. I had the ****** projectors with HID's and they sucked compared to my stock ones so if you dont care about glare or what other people think go with your stock lights. But thats just me. People can deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChuckWoodChuck

Latest posts