Raced a modded 6.0 Powerstroke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
and pulled him by two cars from a 50-80 roll. Dude looked pretty buster, tried smoking me out in his 6" lifted 03-04 F-350 but my gasser doesn't need to spool and I left him smelling my new exhaust. I just find it amusing that a turbo diesel with almost the same displacement was so slow, he had a full a-pillar gauge setup and a 5" turbo back that was obnoxious as hell. My truck must be faster than I thought, maybe a 14.8 instead of 15.0 :roflsquared::roflsquared::roflsquared:

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
**** man... im jealous... i too just raced a truck the other day, but it was not as fun of an experience as you had...

Raced some dude in his little coloardo extreme with some (from what i could see) mod work done... I did beat him, but not by much AT ALL... consistantly pulled and the race stopped before i could shift into third (which happens between 80 and 90mph) but i was really hoping i would have stomped him into the ground, made me very upset and wanting a 6.0

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** man... im jealous... i too just raced a truck the other day, but it was not as fun of an experience as you had...

Raced some dude in his little coloardo extreme with some (from what i could see) mod work done... I did beat him, but not by much AT ALL... consistantly pulled and the race stopped before i could shift into third (which happens between 80 and 90mph) but i was really hoping i would have stomped him into the ground, made me very upset and wanting a 6.0

Just Get a blower

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
All you'd need is a cam swap or a tighter converter, either will drop your ET a solid second with good tuning.

danimalmax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd like to see a thread with a list of suggested mods, by order of necessity, such as cam first, long tube headers next, etc, with as many mods as people can think of that would help beginners on their way to creating super tahoes

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
All you'd need is a cam swap or a tighter converter, either will drop your ET a solid second with good tuning.

yea the cam swap along with maybe some LT's is what i think i will be doing in february of next year, along with a re-tune by Justin... I am still pretty dumb on cams and want to make sure i dont sacrifice the high end just to get the low end, i still want to be able to pass people on the freeway when im already doing 75

Just Get a blower

this would have been done yesterday if i could afford it, not to mention the tranny work and the big breaks i would want if i had that much more power.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
i'd like to see a thread with a list of suggested mods, by order of necessity, such as cam first, long tube headers next, etc, with as many mods as people can think of that would help beginners on their way to creating super tahoes

www.performancetrucks.net - get reading. Anything and everything has been discussed on there.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
there is a LOT of info over there at PTnet... lot a pretty cool dudes too... i recomend useing the search option with very detailed discriptions because there is a LOT of shit over their.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
and my denali is faster than a 6.2 with intake and exhaust. tune does alot up here and he was on 37" tires, plus the 6.0 is a dog at altitude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColonelAngus918

Latest posts