quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wicked2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was the driver side leaf spring. I tighten up the bolts that hold the lift blocks then i sprayed the leaf springs with W-d40. There are some plastic brackets with a metal around it that hold leafs together. Concentrate on those when spraying it because the noise I think is the plastic rubbing on metal.

OP
OP
M

magnahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah I just put in new used leafs on the passenger side, which I thought the squeak was coming from and it didn't stop. Oh yeah and I was kinda pissed I had to drive really far to get u bolts, NO ONE on Cape Cod stocks them not even the Chevy dealers.

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the spare tire and tire tools. Mine used to squeek but I tightened the spare tire down and put some gloves between the tire tool and the jack....no more squeek :)

i have the same problem and i bet thats what it is...im gunna check on that tomorrow.

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shit, if my honking is from that damn spare i'm gonna tighten that sucker down SO hard.
then again, mine's a 4door, so i'm skeptical that that's what my problem is....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cervantesjesus174