Quick question about converting second row from bench to captains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M0rph3us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been looking into converting my middle bench to captains chairs since I hate the bench. My question is do they make the captains chairs in cloth? The rest of my interior is cloth right now and I don't really want to change everything out just to get captains in the middle row.

Also where do you guys go to find things like that? I have looked on eBay some and my local craigslist, but I haven't had a ton of luck.

If I do need to do the entire interior I guess it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I would like to upgrade my drivers seat to full power, and my passengers seat to power from manual, is that an option if I change it out or is there some special wiring required that would be too much work to make it worth it? I assume for the passengers seat I would need a motor to power it, but is the wiring there or at least the option to add a small harness for it or is the entire wiring for the interior different?

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the swap from a second row bench to second row captains, but I've got leather interior. I've never seen a truck equipped with a cloth interior and captains chairs. I'd honestly be surprised if that combo was ever available.

You could always just get the leather captains and then get a full set of leather Katzkins or something similar so everything matches.

OP
OP
M

M0rph3us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome thanks man! I'll look into that, it looks like they only offer front seats, and not the third row. I guess I can probably find a factory third row seat to put in when I get captains.

Edit: I lied, found the option for third row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas