Quick question about adding a premade box setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ARogg619

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Like most of you im sure, im bored out of my mind and looking for a project to occupy some of my time. Im taking a break from the Camaro and looking to do something to the daily, my 2000 Yukon. When I bought it, I replaced the stock blown 8" sub in the back with an 8" kicker and its been pretty damn good but I want more. My question is, Im looking on Amazon ( I have a gift card lol) and found a setup I plan on using with a L2Ci hooked to the stock sub wires after I remove the 8" I put in a few months ago. Will this work? Also, I know there are better but this truck is a budget build daily driver so I don't daily my toys. Any input? I did find a dual kicker L7 solobaric box but that's 750 and I cant justify that for this truck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L0VERH...olid=3RJCKZP18MXRG&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

-2000 Yukon, stock HU, with onstar, and stock sub( replaced with kicker)

Lookin forward to some feedback - Adam

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a specific dollar budget that you want to stay under? If you have not already committed to a firm number, that I suggest that as a first step.

Regarding the L2Ci, it appears to me that this device is a 'system' high level output (speaker output) to low level input (amplifier pre-amp input) converter, with some additional 'signal processing' features. If you are simply looking to add an additional subwoofer speaker/amplifier combination to enhance your bass output, using the existing high level subwoofer speaker wires as the signal input, in my opinion, you do not need such a 'sophisticated' converter. You can purchase a simple high level to low level converter for around $25 for your additional subwoofer speaker/amplifier combination. For example, I have used several PAC SNI-50A high level to low level converters, both in auto/truck systems and home theater systems with very good results, which is available on Amazon for $18.

If you budget is low, then I recommend that you consider a combination subwoofer speaker and amplifier unit, combined all in one box, such as the Rockford Fosgate P300-10 ($250) or Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 ($270). I have used these combination subwoofer speaker and amplifier units in the past in my trucks, and while they won't set off car alarms 2 blocks away, they will provide plenty of extra bass in your truck. These combination subwoofer speaker and amplifier units already have built-in both high level and low level inputs, so you would not need to install a separate high level to low level converter. Other suppliers offer similar subwoofer speaker/amplifier combination units at similar price points.

I recommend that you look at the Crutchfield web site to see what is available, and after making a selection at the appropriate price point, check if that selection is also available on Amazon (it usually is), so that you can use your gift certificate.

I wish you the best of outcomes on your bass upgrade project.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
ok. so I think Im gonna not order the L2CI and just order that MTX Terminator box setup. Now, im gonna order one of the basic line out converters like you recommended. Can I just hook that up to the sub wires currently powering the stock box? Im gonna remove that 8" sub that's in there. Also, where am I connecting the Remote turn on wire for the amp?

* edit * im gonna order this LOC since I like the idea of having the remote control knob since my wife is a little touchy when it comes to my bass. She wont even ride in my Camaro anymore since I put the full JL audio system in unless I have it all turned super low.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LIAHSM4/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can simply attach your current subwoofer speaker wires to the high level inputs of basic line converter, and then attach your RCA connectors to your combination subwoofer speaker and amplifier unit's low level input.

Most power amplifiers today will automatically turn on, when they sense power coming into their high level or low level inputs, so you no longer to connect a remote on wire.

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
Thanks man! I really appreciate the help. ill try without the remote wire and see what happens. if it doesn't power up, ill find somewhere to connect it to

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
Just to cover any bases before I get into the actual install this Saturday.. if I need to connect the remote wire to get the amp to power on and off properly, where do you recommend I connect that is simplest?

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
Ok guys, Everything has arrived and its sitting in my living room ( my wife loves when I do this Btw). So im gonna attack the install most likely Friday or Saturday depending on weather. few quick last questions..

-Best/easiest place to connect Remote wire for amp
-Best/easiest way to run power wire from engine bay into cabin ( id prefer to not go under truck if I don't have to )
-Any good grounds in the back everyone uses?

Appreciate the help,
Adam

OP
OP
A

ARogg619

Reaction score
:::update:::

Everything got installed on saturday. Zero issues. For how cheap this setup was, it really bumps hard. Gonna have to tighten up my mirrors lol

YukonVA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:::update:::

Everything got installed on saturday. Zero issues. For how cheap this setup was, it really bumps hard. Gonna have to tighten up my mirrors lol
Pictures please!! Or it didn't happen. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman