Quick maintenance question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machojared

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy, all.

Ever since moving up to CStat, I've found that I'm now driving around 350 miles/month rather than 1100-1200. My question is, should I start doing fluid changes based on date rather than mileage?

For example, my last oil change was at 90k (this past May), and since I use Castrol synthetic, I'm doing 5k miles between changes. I'm barely knocking on 93k's door, and yet I'm approaching five months on the same oil.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
go by usage severity to determine the mileage schedule you use. and use the dates as a last resort like the mileage was just not put on it in that date frame to justify the maintenance. if you are piling on the mileage then go by that to help keep fluids in good condition. with synthetic tho you can do 7 months of of barely being used vehicle or 7k miles of normal use. which ever comes first.

OP
OP
M

machojared

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
go by usage severity to determine the mileage schedule you use. and use the dates as a last resort like the mileage was just not put on it in that date frame to justify the maintenance. if you are piling on the mileage then go by that to help keep fluids in good condition. with synthetic tho you can do 7 months of of barely being used vehicle or 7k miles of normal use. which ever comes first.

Usually, my trips total about four or five miles round-trip in pretty heavy stop-and-go traffic; that's usually four times a week. Twice a week, I'll do about ten miles of good 65-70 mph driving just to get things moving and my mind cleared.
My thought was to do as Big Buttons suggested and wait 'til 95k for my next oil change. I think I'll be okay doing that since I'm balancing the more severe city mileage with easy highway runs.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your using premium synthetic oil like amsoil or royal purple maybe mobil one with there oil filter 5-7 k miles easy if yer running of the mill synthetic castrol or q state with yer generic oil filter 3-5 k miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbeezy

Latest posts