QUICK... DDM harness help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Glad to hear you figured it out. Its nice to not have to worry about any HID issues anymore.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't delete. This post has good info. I was worried my DDM HIDs that are in transit were going to be a pain but it is good to see that if there is a problem it could be a simple solution. Where did you end up grounding the harness? You mentioned a few places (battery, shock tower, battery ground, etc).

OP
OP
UofMZ71

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i have the same set up as conor, with power and ground off the battery. if i get bored and want to clean up the wires i might find a better spot but for now thats where they will stay.

mtbennett24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had read that when grounding to the battery or the spot where the battery is grounded, that the cable that the battery uses to ground itself should be upgraded. Any thoughts on this? Necessary in this case or is only if you are drawing large amounts from the battery? Are HIDs a big draw on the battery? Thanks.

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
I had read that when grounding to the battery or the spot where the battery is grounded, that the cable that the battery uses to ground itself should be upgraded. Any thoughts on this? Necessary in this case or is only if you are drawing large amounts from the battery? Are HIDs a big draw on the battery? Thanks.

I have never had an issue wth this, and I dont think there is enough of a draw off the battery to make that happen. But if it did, it is an easy fix. Just have to ground to the chasis.

1dopeHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not necessary. Save yourself the time and money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuckchill

Latest posts