question for the experienced fuel pump changer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon, alright i just got my new ac del full replacement pump in. What a pita. For those that have done this. My fuel level seams locked at just over half. Parked up hill and down hill, no.movement from.the needle. Theres only about 7-8 gal in there. Im wondering if maybe the float arm got hung up on the 2 lines inside the tank? Or is the arm on the other side. I cant remember grrr. The replaced looked different from stock and i didnt see if the float was any different.
What sucks is the only way i will now if the unit faulty is to.take out, check.the float,. Any ideas

CTown LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you decide which pump to purchase and where did you buy it. Last time I replaced the pump, I recall there was like 22 combinations of pumps for GM trucks.

OP
OP
K

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mu1639. I have the non flex motor. I confirmed with dealer, got it off amazon though. The steel stamp on top actually said bocsh. My 98 had a bunch of different pumps depending on vin. U know how ya had to put the unit down in the tank and then get in there to get the 2 hoses. Thats the only thing i.can think of.

OP
OP
K

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the tank and pump again and sure enough the metal float wire was resting on the top of the hose. All good now, just goes to show, take an extra 30 sec and verify the first time!

dmperfection

Reaction score
I'm doing my pump now; got the Delco and also noticed significant differences in design. Was your Delco also missing a fuel strainer and only two metal pillars connecting top and bottom of the fuel module. Oh! And different electric connector that has to be cut and crimped onto original harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz