Quad Retrofit (for a limited time)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible. :)

tungo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know if the Infiniti Q45 Gatling projectors will fit into the housing? I have a set of D2S bulbs I ned to use.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the gatling is the name of the shroud and it's the one i use so that's not an issue.
And the Q45 is one of the most interesting things I've ever seen: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/sho...o-Ballasts-1-Infiniti-Q45-ballast-85122-bulbs

I don't even know how I feel about that. :)

I'm not sure about the fitment Dennis as i don't know the measurements of that projector. I have mini h1s and those needed trimming of the base to get them in with a proper setback from the front of the housing.

But perhaps you can get a sense of what is possible comparing the size of the Q45s with that size if the FX-Rs. A member recently did a retro with those, and although they are right up against the clear plastic, he did manage to fit them in there: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33860

Hope that helps a little.

tungo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did one retrofit involving TL projectors into a the headlights of an accord. Although it came out pretty good, the time to do it sucked. I really don't want to do it again, as the baking to remove the plastic casing over the headlight sucked and then I had to reseal it 3-4 times to get the condensation out.

I really just want a sharp cutoff line and from what I've seen, the TSX, TL, S2000 & ZKW lens' get that affect, but the Q45 Gatlings look sweet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
APalmer15