Push Button Start ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cnote1115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows how hard it would be to retrofit push button start on my 16 SLE? I have a local salvage yard that has a 16 Denali I can use as a donor vehicle.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was stand alone, you would be good to go. Your bcm may be didn't she it would need to be flashed by the dealer

OP
OP
C

Cnote1115

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know what all I need ? Do I replace my Bcm with the Denali BCM?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It sounds like a lot of work to be able to forget your keys in your truck

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like quite a bit of work.. if you have the donor vehicle i think i would definitely try it

MVR 155

Reaction score
It's going to more complicated than a simple BCM swap, there is obviously an antenna/sensor that picks up the fob, you also have the door handles with the push buttons for lock/unlock. My guess is that the system will need to be complete for proper function

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's going to more complicated than a simple BCM swap, there is obviously an antenna/sensor that picks up the fob, you also have the door handles with the push buttons for lock/unlock. My guess is that the system will need to be complete for proper function

There's also some sort of magnetic switch inside the center console for if your fob battery goes dead and you still need to start your vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk