Project Z06 Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Rudy actually just made a new batch of them. You had Mcgh spindles didn't you Robbie? From Rudy I heard they are a ***** to work with but with Beltech's they haven't been that bad.. But we will see. I should get my parts in soon and I will test the brackets once I get them in. But he said he has had people install them on NNBS without any issues. But still haven't seen or heard of anyone. So this will be a project. Also like I said "IF" these don't fit. I will my brother redesign the brackets to work with NNBS. I will let him tweek Rudy's brackets.

Yessir, I had mcgaughys. I had to grind a bunch of the casting off to get the brackets to sit flush. Then the holes on the brackets didn't line up exactly straight so I had to drill out new holes. Was experimental back then, before Rudy made his.

There was a guy on GMFS called JYD. He made the first ones and used them to run 14" rotors. Then another guy on performancetrucks.net made a new set to work with the Bear 15" front rotors and 14" rear rotors, i can't remember his username (maybe supersub), but his real name was Ray and he had a LSX427 with a TVS2300 on it, SS cladding, on a badass Suburban. Anyhow, he made about 10 sets, and then sold the design to Rudy who has been making them since. My understanding is that Rudy did a solid job on the new brackets. Hopefully they'll go together easily for you. Can't wait to see the outcome!

OP
OP
GalaxyBlackEsky

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Thanks! I have always had this in the back of my head doing it. After I got the brackets and saw that you were selling some Wilwoods or should I say someone else's ;). I almost dropped this idea and got them. But end price I am goign to make out cheeper. I should start mocking everythign up once I get back from Vaca.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I had $1400 into mine at the end of the day. That was with stainless lines, rotors, brakes, and the small parts from GM. I never did the rear because I would have had to covert the drums to disc and didn't have the means to do it... Then sold the truck, and so goes life... :(

You're gonna start a revolution again if you get them running on a NNBS. :D

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your rides always turn out top notch-I'm sure this one won't be any different.

Looking forward to the pics.....

OP
OP
GalaxyBlackEsky

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am really excited to get these brackets and test fit them. I really thought about doing ZR1 or the CTS-V brakes that are made from Brembo. But unfortunately the mounting holes are completely different and wont match with these brackets.

Hoe_14

Reaction score
subscribed, my bank account is not happy that this thought is in my head...... This will be sick. Part of me wants this to fail miserably that way I won't be tempted to try this in the future. Good luck, can't wait for some progress on this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf