Problem with hard left turn.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ntxstallion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was forced to make a hard left turn today(very tight U-turn), and while getting fully into the turn, it felt like my left wheel was just going to pop off. Almost like something was um....jerking...around in there. Anyone else experience this issue or know what it may be. It only does it when I turn very hard to the left, otherwise truck drives fine. It is an 02 Yukon SLT if that helps.

Frankhenrylee

Reaction score
I'm bumping this cause mine does the same thing. There's not really a lot of mechanics or techs on this forum. I've had better luck with tech stuff on GM-Trucks.com, but haven't asked about this yet. I think I've got a bearing thats ate up in my front diff so I had just attributed it to that. Is yours a 4wd?

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheel bearing / hub is my guess.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Also if its a 4x4 - and in 4 High, it can act this way too..

OP
OP
N

ntxstallion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No mine is a 2wd but I have to cut it really, really hard for this to show.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $ is on the bearing / hub assembly. It will probably start to get worse and show up on less tight of turns.

OP
OP
N

ntxstallion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had stealership check it out and they said the same but replaced it for free. Apparently, I am still under warranty with an 02. Have no idea how that happened but not complaining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skywagon