Power to Homelink and Pop-up B/U camera screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that having constant (not through the ignition switch) power to the homelink switch makes it darn easy to access your garage/home just by finding a way into your vehicle. Has anyone changed the homelink over to switched power and if so; any details?

Secondly - the same idea and question occurs to me regarding compartment behind the popup rear camera screen - whose switch is also constant power. Any beta, constructive thoughts?
Many thanks!

2015 Tahoe LT -

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking that having constant (not through the ignition switch) power to the homelink switch makes it darn easy to access your garage/home just by finding a way into your vehicle. Has anyone changed the homelink over to switched power and if so; any details?

Secondly - the same idea and question occurs to me regarding compartment behind the popup rear camera screen - whose switch is also constant power. Any beta, constructive thoughts?
Many thanks!

2015 Tahoe LT -
I second that. We now keep the door from garage to house locked 24/7 (keypad lock).