Power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for power steering pump for 96 Yukon vacuum boost any brand to stay away from just read a lot of bad reviews on cardone do I buy the whole thing,just pump what about delco new or rebuilt then there is duralast same options I dont mind spending money especially not to do it again anytime soon ny info would be appreciated

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with an AC Delco over a Cardone, and a Cardone over anything from Autozone Duralast.

I suspect that Duralast is just going to be made by whatever manufacturer submitted the lowest bid to Autozone. I couldn't see Cardone or any of the other made-in-China specials being that much different.

Careful with the Delco Advantage versus Professional line. The Advantage is probably closer in quality to some of the low-end parts store brands.

OP
OP
Kelsda

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with an AC Delco over a Cardone, and a Cardone over anything from Autozone Duralast.

I suspect that Duralast is just going to be made by whatever manufacturer submitted the lowest bid to Autozone. I couldn't see Cardone or any of the other made-in-China specials being that much different.

Careful with the Delco Advantage versus Professional line. The Advantage is probably closer in quality to some of the low-end parts store brands.
Thanks for your advice

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
What East302 said...
When I replaced my steering pump, I replaced the steering gear as well. I don't know what your budget is, but I've been very pleased with my AGR components. I changed my components a bit so that I could eliminate the electronic steering assist (basically went with a 1997 setup, which required lines that had a slightly different bend than the 1999).

OP
OP
Kelsda

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What East302 said...
When I replaced my steering pump, I replaced the steering gear as well. I don't know what your budget is, but I've been very pleased with my AGR components. I changed my components a bit so that I could eliminate the electronic steering assist (basically went with a 1997 setup, which required lines that had a slightly different bend than the 1999).
Thanks I’ll check ARG out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645