Power lumbar assembly replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The power lumbar assembly on my 07 Tahoe is broken. I have a new assembly ready to go in. I took the back off the seat and thought I might be able to remove the assembly from the back but it looks like the upper two rods hook into the metal seat structure and I might need to pull the seat out and remove the seat cover and pad then remove from the front. Can anyone confirm this before I pull the seat out please?

Thanks,

Wess

OP
OP
Wess

Wess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Noticed my seat heater isn't working either so might as well replace that which requires me to remove the seat.

OP
OP
Wess

Wess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes looks like I could replace it without removing the seat. I'll remove anyway since I have to replace the seat heater pad. Thanks for the link doc_sun!

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont forget to clean under the seat when you take it off

OP
OP
Wess

Wess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finished the install of both the seat heater and power lumbar assembly. Works like new again. the rear part of the heater pad was all bunched up almost like it was like that from the factory. It was all brown and nasty looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbeezy