Power Liftgate Motor Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eismann95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my '08 Denali XL diagnosed with having the gear stripped, in my liftgate actuator. Is there a replacement just for the gear or just the motor and gear? I'd rather not have to spend the coin for the whole unit, if it can be fixed that way.

OP
OP
Eismann95

Eismann95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
...listening too
All I've heard is crickets...

I saw a video on YouTube that did the swap, and said there may be a part number for the gear and motor, but nothing was listed. I'm sure I'm not looking in the right place for the part numbers, but any help with this would be appreciated...especially by my wallet!

Mywifeshoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you found a replacement for the actuator gear? I bought a new motor to realize the old motor was good. I opened up the compartment that the motor shaft feeds into and the white gear inside is not engaging anymore to move the arm that the shock sits on. Everything works as normal, the Tahoe chimes, lights blink and door handle locks and unlocks. Would love to replace the stupid gear instead of $300+ for the whole thing.

OP
OP
Eismann95

Eismann95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I never heard from anyone about replacing the gear. Turns out my issue wasn't the gear, it was the latch. I had to put a new latch in this weekend, because the kids slammed the door down and blew up the gear in there. Once I replaced the latch, the power gate worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975