Power Lift gate problem.....Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cmcwynn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2007 tahoe ltz liftgate suddenly will only open with remote, interior button or manually from door about 1/3 of the way and then abruptly close. If forced opened, it will not stay open. Is it possible to just "reset" someway? Nothing jammed or done differently than any other use.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
2007 tahoe ltz liftgate suddenly will only open with remote, interior button or manually from door about 1/3 of the way and then abruptly close. If forced opened, it will not stay open. Is it possible to just "reset" someway? Nothing jammed or done differently than any other use.

Sounds like new shocks r needed like someone described earlier

Brock

Reaction score
Struts I got thru Amazon ($35) failed after 1 week! Probably from China.
Ordered from Rockauto ($50) these are made by Stabilus USA, WAY better & work great!

la silver bullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had an acadia with the same problem i went to the dealership and they told me its a recall. I asked the guy what was wrong and he told me the motor goes out very frequently

jonfo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the ones I see from Rockauto.com you buy right and left separately and the brand seems to be SACHS. Does this seem correct?

SACHS Part # SG330077
Trunk Lid; Right
$19.86

SACHS Part # SG330076
Trunk Lid; Left
$20.79

Attachments

• hatchstrut.jpg
    hatchstrut.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 25

Ramsey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a switch up on the overhead console, by the moonroof switches. It can be flipped to deactivate the power lift gate. Make sure that didn't accidentally get flipped. It happened to me once, must have been the wife poking away at buttons.

thannks for this. its exaclty what happened to mine when i was changing the dome lights. i was bout to get pissed thinking the motor went out cause the fuse was still good. thanks again

JBTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have instructions for replacing rear hatch struts (2007 Tahoe LTZ)

Brock

Reaction score
They just pop off and pop on
Instructions in box

Juldeleon03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same Problem

I have and 07 Yukon
When I use the button on the keypad, you can hear the motor working and a clunk sound like its trying open. I can manually open it but i have to hold the tailgate up myself because it will just fall.
I tried checking on the button inside the truck to see if it may be on disable mode but it wasn't.
Is it the motor or the struts? I do not think it can be the lock because it does not hold up either
Does any one have any new updates on what the problem may be?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have and 07 Yukon
When I use the button on the keypad, you can hear the motor working and a clunk sound like its trying open. I can manually open it but

i have to hold the tailgate up myself because it will just fall.

I tried checking on the button inside the truck to see if it may be on disable mode but it wasn't.
Is it the motor or the struts? I do not think it can be the lock because it does not hold up either
Does any one have any new updates on what the problem may be?

that means it's the struts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuck 2015 Tahoe

Latest posts