Power door locks too week to work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newmarketeod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '98 Tahoe LT and my power door lock solenoids dont have the power to unlock 3 of my 4 doors. I have had two of the doors apart and lubricated the internals and they still don't work.

Do I need to do something else or do I need to replace all the solenoids?

LikeArock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '98 Tahoe LT and my power door lock solenoids dont have the power to unlock 3 of my 4 doors. I have had two of the doors apart and lubricated the internals and they still don't work.

Do I need to do something else or do I need to replace all the solenoids?

Check your voltage....Its a 12volt 3 wire pulse...in your drivers kick panel is where your harness is located you should have an orange wire constant 12v and a light blue and pink I think one will get 12v when you lock and the other will go 12v when u unlock not positive on the pink and blue but it shouldnt be to hard if you have allready removed the door panels...Check for bad or coroded connections and make sure you have 12v or better before you change the solenoids...If the voltage is a problem follow back to your relay module which i believe is located just under the dash back and to the left...Each door front at the kick panels has your main harness for both sides so you should be able to locate any issues from there hope this helps...

BM1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It could Also Be That Your Power Lock Actuators Are Going. I Know From Experience And After My Second Pair Went I Actually Just Removed My Power Locks ;)

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I bought mine 4yrs ago in the driver door. I had someone break into my truck and when I pulled a window from a salvage I bought a actuator and it still works to this day.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my power dr lock buttons on the doors dont work
but when i lock the truck with my viper they lock and unlock

fuckn door locks!!! UGH

BM1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my power dr lock buttons on the doors dont work
but when i lock the truck with my viper they lock and unlock

fuckn door locks!!! UGH