Polisher questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is the polisher I'm leaning to.
http://www.dewalt.com/tools/metalworking-polishers-dwp849x.aspx
What do you think?

The only other polisher I've used in a crappy low speed orbital. I know I'm missing out. Anyways...

Does the Dewalt polisher have the same universal pad attachment as that you would find on another polisher like, PorterCable or Milwaukee, etc.

Okay check this out...
http://www.autogeek.net/dewalt-849-polisher-pad-kit.html

The back plates are universal? With the threaded tool connection on one side and the hook and loop on the other side.

5/8" shaft goes into the backing plate.

Attach your pads?

Last edited:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have one of these and it workes perfect.. $30 then get good pads..

i get pads at O'rileys the Velcro on cotton pile pads are $9 then the foam assorted grit polish pads are like $11.. but if your not using it professionally every day this will do you just perfectly fine.. i also got the insurance 3 year for $5

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

oh as for the plates.. all of the larger variable speed polishers have the same threading bolt.. so you can screw on a Velcro base or direct thread on your desired pad.. i prefer the velcro base makes changing pads so easy.. i detail 2-3 boats a month and this is all i use and i have not had one issue.. i have had this polisher about 2 years.. save your money for nice pads and compound and polishes.. good polishes are not cheap..

i do a 5 step process and to buy it all is about $100 as most are $20 a pint..

Sinister1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I may suggest, the Porter Cable 7424. Hands dawn, the best polisher I've used and perfectly weighed to do most of the work for you with several speed variables. I've turned a few onto this product, and they're very happy with it. Just my .02 cents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881

Latest posts