PLZ Help with wiring harness adapter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

terryt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys I need a hand. I have a 2000 tahoe with Bose and Onstar. I have two blown speakers and the Blose amp is cutting in/out. I have a head unit and two 6-1/2.

My plan is two install 3 way 6-1/2 in front doors, and whatever 3 ways will fit in back doors.

I could care less about keeping bose and onstar. With that said what adapter for power and speaker wiring should I use. I could go old school and run speaker wires to each door, and find the switched power and bypass everything. But a plug and play connector would save lots of time.

I will run extra rca cords and 4 pairs of speaker wires,and remote turn on wire, under the 2 nd row for future 4 channel amp install.

So any advise on which adapter to use? Or other means?

Thanks.

OP
OP
T

terryt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bump.

Anyone done this in the past?

I searched for a while and just got more confused. I see adapters at Wal-Mart for vehicles with or without Onstar, same with Crutchfield. Will the non Onstar connector work or am I stuck with the high price adapter?

Thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb

Latest posts