plugs and wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaRs_4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know its super basic, but what kind do I need?

97 yukon SLT
197,000 miles

thx!
jenny

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Everyone has they're favorite brand. AC Delco is good, I like Taylor wires myself. There are all kinds of different plugs out there. Platinum, Iridium etc, just make sure you get a set that suits your needs.

OP
OP
CaRs_4x4

CaRs_4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Everyone has they're favorite brand. AC Delco is good, I like Taylor wires myself. There are all kinds of different plugs out there. Platinum, Iridium etc, just make sure you get a set that suits your needs.

thanks :) I need it to be reliable again. There is such a variation in cost, which is what concerns me. I don't want to cheap out, but I have so much work to do on it I have to save money where I can. For the most part it will be a back and forth dropping off kids (six of them so its a ton of stop and go), hauling construction equipment and a regular basis for the next year or so (house under construction because of flood damage), and finally we take a couple weeks every summer and couch serf with beach friends. I need it to go to all of the out of the way places we like to go. My 2002 Suburban was our go to for all of this before some caved in the side of it on the interstate this past Christmas.

I appreciate all help and suggestions :)

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
thanks :) I need it to be reliable again. There is such a variation in cost, which is what concerns me. I don't want to cheap out, but I have so much work to do on it I have to save money where I can. For the most part it will be a back and forth dropping off kids (six of them so its a ton of stop and go), hauling construction equipment and a regular basis for the next year or so (house under construction because of flood damage), and finally we take a couple weeks every summer and couch serf with beach friends. I need it to go to all of the out of the way places we like to go. My 2002 Suburban was our go to for all of this before some caved in the side of it on the interstate this past Christmas.

I appreciate all help and suggestions :)
Np, glad to help, as are a ton of us fellow enthusiasts on here. If it was me, concerning tune up parts, cap and rotor, wires, plugs, etc, you usually get what you pay for. If you can't afford to get the best--we've all been there--don't completely cheap out. You will definitely regret it in the long run. Especially with plugs and wires. Good luck, and if you have any other questions, fire away!

willxfs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ac delco's have a nice rebate going on right now. I just bought 8 of their best plugs and got a check back for 24 dollars. Not bad. Got them from rock auto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j