Please help! Traction Control Service light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. A week ago I noticed that the traction control light came on and my 07 yukon slt started acting funny.

After careful examination, i noticed that theres a small hole that was suctioning in air. I thought this was strange so i took it to a close auto repair shop that my friend owns. He told me the rubber cover was missing and plugged in a small rubber plug to block the air passage. Im not sure if this is the right thing to be done but afterwards there are no more issues with the traction control light.

I attached pictures. please tell me if that rubber piece is supposed to be there or not. Please let me know if we ghetto rigged it and this is not supposed to be done. Im hoping that the rubber piece fell off and by us replacing it, it has fixed the problem. Either way everything seems to be functioning normally after the little fix.

IMG_20120202_142128.jpg
IMG_20120202_142138.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

I would appreciate if someone can pop their hood open and see if they have the rubber thing as well. If someone can explain why it should be there as well I will really appreciate it!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I'm not around the Tahoe right now but if I remember correctly the stock intake has a portion that goes further back in the engine (around the area pictured) and it has a little tube that connects there.
Mynext aftermarket AirRaid intake tube has a tube to connect back there.

OP
OP
yukon07Artic

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not around the Tahoe right now but if I remember correctly the stock intake has a portion that goes further back in the engine (around the area pictured) and it has a little tube that connects there.
Mynext aftermarket AirRaid intake tube has a tube to connect back there.
my volant intake did not have any tubes or instructions for me to hook anything up on that hole.

Is it safe for me to have it covered? or should i just not cover it??? I dont know how it can affect traction controls... could it be coincidence?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Just leave it covered. When anything with the intake has an issue these SUVs tend to spit out a code with the traction control. One time I clean my MAF sensor and forgot to plug back in the harness to it and it gave me the save service ABS and traction control message until I plugged it back in.

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just leave it covered. When anything with the intake has an issue these SUVs tend to spit out a code with the traction control. One time I clean my MAF sensor and forgot to plug back in the harness to it and it gave me the save service ABS and traction control message until I plugged it back in.

What he said

OP
OP
yukon07Artic

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I was just worried that covering it might be harmful to the engine. Ill leave it covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevymec