Playing videos from usb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gold3nMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been searching around on here and I'm probably not using the right search terms,but I would like to be able to play videos from a usb stick. The one stick I have now says it is not compatible when I plug it in. I wanted to know 1) is it possible to play videos from the usb port and 2) is there a usb compatibility list somewhere that will tell me which ones will work.

I have a 2011 Escalade ESV Platinum, it has 2 dvd screens and a usb port in the center console. I'm not sure what other info you may need. I havnt had it for long. TIA

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same search and came up with nothing. Ended up swapping the HU for aftermarket and now I can play videos on front and back screen at the same time. The format is MP4 but dont think it will work on OEM main HU. Videos show up perfectly on rear screen.

OP
OP
G

Gold3nMan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the same search and came up with nothing. Ended up swapping the HU for aftermarket and now I can play videos on front and back screen at the same time. The format is MP4 but dont think it will work on OEM main HU. Videos show up perfectly on rear screen.
Thanks for the info. Does everything else still work, like the nav / backup cam... Which HU did you get?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Does everything else still work, like the nav / backup cam... Which HU did you get?

EVERYTHING works the same way as before as long as you buy the right unit and right pieces. You are looking for a dual zone unit. There are a few out there. I have the Pioneer 4200 NEX. Kenwood makes a better one but ofcourse more money. There are options to wire things where you keep everything that came with car. There are options to wire things where you get more than what originally came with the car (Maestro) but its all about what you want to spend but regardless, with the upgrade of HU, you'll be able to do everything you want to do plus more. I currently can download and play music videos in car, movies ofcourse, chromecast or alternatives where you can stream images on your phone onto your truck screen(s). The gates open when you let go of that old school head unit. The important part is looking for one that has DUAL ZONE.

thindiesel

Reaction score
not sure usb video will work on factory... if you het an HDMI w/av rca you might be able to work it.... Nav tv makes a part to view video while in motion as long as you have factory screen....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar