Playing Ipod through TV in rear RSE Setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohsixdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After scavenging the internet, I found out that instead of installing a new radio or trying to custom install an AUX port into my OEM nav, I can just plug an RCA to AUX into my Dvd player in the rear, and set it to RSE mode and play it. The only problem I have is that I hear a decently loud buzz/static noise. Could this be the cable I am using? I am using a 10 dollar cable from radio shack that is RCA to AUX.

I want to go buy another cable... but not sure if that will fix the issue.

Anyone else use this system to play their ipod?

Jdeshler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually if you charge an apple device while playing it it'll effect the sound.. I don't know why but my iPod and iPhone do this in my truck and Tahoe

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do this all the time in my escalade and it works fine with no buzzing noise. I have both the oem Apple AV to RCA and an aftermarket version too and both work the same.

OP
OP
O

Ohsixdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fixed it!

Thanks for the responses all! I figured out that my when my iphone is plugged in it makes the noise. Used an older ipod I have and it works out great! Now I gotta put the cord through the headliner and make it hardly visible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Low Beam