Plasti Dip Guru's in here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Just plastic dipped my Z71 bumper insert and the finish looks kinda like a micro fiber couch, not near as smooth as I had hoped. Its still drying, is this just how it's supposed to look, or will it look different after it dries?

Sent from my BlueBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Thats about how it will look when it dries. I just dipped my rims and looks about the same.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
How is holding up for you? I hate the silver insert, but I'd hate even more if the plasti dip finish easily chips off from bugs or car washes. It was a cheap mod, just thought I'd give it a try before spending $$ on a shop to colormatch it.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Its been on for a week now. Havent washed it yet though. I used 4 coats so im sure it will hold up ok. I gave it about 45 min. between coats. Alot of guys on here have done it and i dont recall hearing any complaints. You could try using the gloss for it and see if that helps you like the look a bit more. I would test something else and try the glossifier before you put it on your bumper though.

,Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I haz pics of both of your trucks please. Thinking about doing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I used about 6 coats on my center console. It is starting to peel because the lid hits on it when driving but other than that its good

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
I will post a pic tomorrow, gonna let everything dry overnight and put it back together in the am

Sent from my BlueBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RedRocker

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Sorry folks, but I think it looks like butt. I just can't get over the grainy look, seems like it would be a bug magnet, and keeping it clean would be a nightmare. I'm in the process of peeling all of it off and gonna visit a body shop Tuesday and ask about getting it color matched since I already got it off the car. Here is some pics I took last night as it was drying.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTI2LTAwMTkwLmpwZw.gif
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTI2LTAwMTkxLmpwZw.gif

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my front emblem like a year ago and it is still holding up.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Its up to you bud. If you dont like it, get it painted. As long as your happy man. Good luck w/ the paint!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA