Pics of pocket in CD changer location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pittmanb8

Reaction score
Well, I am finally getting around to putting a pocket where my 6 disc slave changer used to be. Here are the instructions I have made up so far:

1. Purchase this universal DIN pocket: METRA 88-00-9000 You can get it for less than $20 shipped on ebay. Also at crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120889000/Dash-pocket.html?search=pocket+in&ssi=0

2. Cut off the side clips on the pocket (they keep the pocket from connecting with the faceplate). Then glue, weld, tape, melt or whatever you want to do to connect the faceplate and pocket permanently:

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

3. In the meantime, use a 3/4" board or piece of plastic or whatever as a spacer. This board will be directly below the pocket. It will keep the weight of whatever you keep in the pocket from putting lots of pressure on the faceplate:

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

I used liquid nails to keep in in place. Make sure that it is parallel with the back part of the opening as the front part is not at the correct angle.

4. Cut a hole in the back of the pocket if you are going to use it for an ipod cable like I am:

IMG_0091.jpg

5. Now, I haven't gotten here yet but slide the pocket into the dash hole from the front. Then glue, weld, tape, melt, or whatever you want to do so that the pocket with faceplate and dash bezel become one piece. Snap back into the dash and now you have a pocket!

By the way, I have a 6 disc CD slave changer from my 2004 Denali for sale if anyone is interested. No longer need it since I have my indash DVD. See pics below- I will let it go for $150.

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

Last edited:

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Looks good! Nice work. $200 for the cd changer? That sounds a bit high. I got a Denali console with everything included on ebay for $250 (yes it included the cd player). Just a thought!

Tdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This won't fit an 01 will it?

rgaffney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the whole in the pocket for the ipod, I may need to do that

hassoun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im about to take mine out of my 01 denali. Are you interested in buying it ? its in great shape just dont have a use for it with my Alpine digital media and a 250 GB hard drive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XLYuKo

Latest posts