Pickin a cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you say that, most intakes (cold air not intake manifold) will work with a blower, and, I for one know, for a fact by personal experience, that p/p on the TB does make a difference. Your whole motor is nothing more than an air pump. The more air you get in, the more air you get out, the more power you make. Not to mention, adding an intake ontop of the blower will only help the blower, the less the blower has to work to pull air in the more air it will move. More air + more fuel = more power

Some will some wont. Second alot of times when you are making more boost than 6-8 psi, the lil filter they come with becomes restrictive so you would have to go to a bigger intake piping and bigger filter, so why buy it twice, Wait! As for a P/P throttle body I have hundreds of hours of dyno time under my belt with everything from street cars to 2400hp Outlaw 10.5 turbo cars. For street applications they arent worth they money. I completely understand the operation of motors I can promise you that...This is a discussion forum not a one sided approach. 20yrs ago when I was racing mustangs and stuff I believed in P/P throttle bodies after dyno time and switching parts on the dyno the normal application wont see any benefit at all. Thats the facts!

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ported my own throtle body and it did make a difference. Not only did it make 11 more hp I got about 3/4 of a mpg out of it as well. The work has paid for itself dozens of times over. Granted it may not help much but it is no throttle body spacer.

I will agree with the air filter part, if one goes cheap it will need to be redone, but its still better than stock.

hyde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is better than stock if he is staying N/A for a while no doubt. I am glad it worked out for ya on your truck. Going out to change rear brake pads on the 03 hoe. Then finish polishing the wheels on the 96 2 door.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Flammer get to work you slacker!

hyde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive down and help a brother out! lol....Naw cant get finished phone call after phone call!

hyde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All done, got two wheels left to polish on the 2 dr. I am cleaning the underside and painting up suspension to ensure it is nice...lol....I need to start a thread about repaint ideas on it. I have had it a long time this color. Maybe a solid color and or two tone again...Any ideas

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All done, got two wheels left to polish on the 2 dr. I am cleaning the underside and painting up suspension to ensure it is nice...lol....I need to start a thread about repaint ideas on it. I have had it a long time this color. Maybe a solid color and or two tone again...Any ideas

Not to hyjack but you have access to a paint booth?

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse