Picked up an OEM looking Backup camera worth $700 for $30 :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn so what one of these has worked 100% so far great hahaha so mine sitting in my living room has a low success rate of working

mine works with no issues, I put a switch on it since I didn't want it on all the time and I didn't do the reverse light hook up just in case I wanted to play with it whenever.

jESse

i like cheese
Reaction score
mines worked perfect since i put mine in. mines grounded to the inside of the rear passenger d-pillar near the bottom. just self tapping screwed into the metal. kinda behind the taillight area. i'm getting my power from a splice tap off of one of the cigarette lighter power supplys and then running through a switch and then to the camera. never had any problems yet

Maverick7687

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the camera with a different video source like another monitor or head unit? Wondering if it's the camera or the included monitor causing the problem.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I think it's the control box in between, actually. If I could skip the box somehow or use a different one, I think it might work.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the camera with a different video source like another monitor or head unit? Wondering if it's the camera or the included monitor causing the problem.

Gunna do this tomorrow when JK fixes my alarm modules. Wiring it up to my DIN and switching it for towing.

B

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All you should have to do is figure out which wires in the s-video cable are power, ground, and then the video negative and positive and you should be able to wire the camera to any monitor. I guess it would be the same for the LCD as well...

04Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works perfectly ( knock on wood ).

I had mine installed.

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody found another source for these?
Not sure about the one originally posted, as the post is almost 2 years old, but if you do a search on ebay there are tons of options. Also, it seems most of my local auto parts stores stock one or two different types.
When I got my Denali late last year I was all hot and bothered to get one, but the thought went away; well until I almost backed in to my new trailer on the driveway. Luckily there was a large plastic trash can in between my truck and the trailer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper