pic yukon towing a 30' 7200lbs trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i been reading that some of us wonder what we can tow safely... i tow this beast about 40 miles and never hit a hill (except going thru the Hampton Roads Bridge tunnel) and i never felt in any way in danger... i didnt pack much for the trip... just enough cloths and food for me my wife and our 3 boys for the weekend.... now this was a rental from Oceana MWR, they actually have a 31' that weighs a 1000lbs less cause of it's alum frame.. that'll be my next rental... :favorites37:

Attachments

• yukon-trailer pic for posting 2.JPG
    yukon-trailer pic for posting 2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 125

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems? We have a 28' enclosed trailer used to haul the quads that I was wondering I could pull. The only thing I was worried about is stopping the damn thing. I need to get an electric brake controller

OP
OP
dsltrc

dsltrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No... no problems.. just had to take my time accelerating. I also had to wire in an electric brake controller... the hardest part of that was tracking down the white wire from the brake switch to tap into..

99 2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow my 30' 8000lb race trailer fairly regularly with my 2 door. Just gotta have good trailer brakes and a well built hitch. I went to the gravel plant down the road yesterday to get some gravel with my dump trailer. Inbound weight on the scale, #7680. Outbound weight on the scale, #17980. over did it a little, but the trailer is rated for 10,000 lbs.

arb905

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my brake controller in the other day. All of the wiring diagrams said it was an orange wire. After unbolting the steering column bracket, I was able to access the white wire. I poked more holes into wires looking for the right one.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's comforting to know that these trucks CAN pull that much weight. I'll definitely be getting an e-brake controller soon

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Not quite 7200 lbs.. this was probably around 6500 lbs and my buddies and I just went camping at a local state park about 15 miles away so I didn't get much above 50 mph. Sagged the ass end quite a bit and I definetly felt it back there.. anything more or longer distance probably would have broke something and I'd be pissed.

And this is just pulling it out of the pole barn, hense no camper hitch with the torsion bars on. Just used a regular hitch to pull it out.

user157_pic1907_12514175461.jpg
user157_pic1906_12514173061.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anas1993