Pedal commander who’s got one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I initially put it on sport+ and made it two feet out the driveway before I stopped and cut it down a notch!
It definitely made a difference even with the tune.
My guess is as follows:
I do NOT think it is possible for the ecu to move the throttle more quickly than your foot, no matter what the tuner writes to the ecm.

I think it is possible for a pedal pumper's most aggressive settings to move the throttle more quickly than your foot.
Still would prefer a thorough tune by a competent tuner.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gale Banks has a video where he systematically compares his throttle modifier, and trashes the Pedal Commander. It's kind of funny how he uses Pedal Commander user review videos to back up his own claims.

They look pretty stupid, and borderline unsafe, to be honest.

That was actually pretty comical to watch lol

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If Audi had said their unintended acceleration lawsuit back in the 90’s that pinned a guy to the garage door was their new, Pedal Commander and the customer failed to set it correctly, they’d be in a better place.

I know a lot of guys that’d buy one for their wife’s car for when she went to the mother in law’s house. Every married guy would buy their wife an Audi

tooleyondeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely made a difference even with the tune

Interesting, well if you are up for it and have the time you should test your 0-60 times with and without. If you REALLY want to see if it's placebo or not, find a local dyno and do pulls with and without.

I think my personal opinion on PCs has been ruined (thanks to the Mopar community), but I have also never seen anyone show quantitative gains from one.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pedal pumpers are not for the stopwatch, they are to make the driver feel better.
Y'know how, when you adjust the traction control to SNOW mode in an unnecessarily complicated vehicle,
no matter how quickly your foot moves the throttle pedal, the throttle itself moves more slowly?
Pedal pumpers do the opposite of that.

Move your foot 'X' amount in (let's say) 0.3sec, the ecm disagrees, and slows the throttle movement.
The pedal pumper lies to the ecm, to get the throttle to move more than 'X' in 0.3sec.
How much more than 'X' is up to the pedal pumper.

[EDIT]It should be evident -
even to those who do not understand how many details are addressed by a tune -
that a proper ecm&tcm tune is a far better value,
especially since a pedal pumper cannot disable Engine Half@$$ or Cylinder Confusion.

Last edited:

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, when using HPTuners, I cannot change the accelerator pedal/throttle angle map without it triggering a REP.
I made some changes upto around 10%-15%. Have heard smaller changes might sneak by, but some other setting checks throttle/accelerator position and triggered a REP. The REP mode is so handicapped, I feel it's unsafe (6% max throttle from 50% accelerator position upwards, 1-5% throttle from 18%-50% accel pedal)
To change any throttle area maps, there is this disclaimer..

"[ECM] 33034 - Desired Throttle Area - RedPwr: Reduced Power Mode Desired throttle area based on pedal position and RPM or VSS (pedal to throttle map). WARNING!!! Modify this table at OWN RISK. Incompatibility of this calibration with the vehicle TAC module calibration may render PCM permanently inoperable."

Not worth the risk for me!

Here's some settings I can see in hptuners..
I might change the throttle increase area rate for 1st gear (1, 4, 8, 100, 100) (no disclaimer, usually all 100's in cars, 1,50,100, etc. in escalades 6.2 tunes I've seen)

ETC.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar