Passlock II SECURITY light and truck won't start!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
does it keep running afterwards while driving? when certain requirements are met the remote starter system is supposed to disengage form the vehicle leaving the ignition switch to handle it from then on. that is happening correct/ if the light is on constantly without flashing a fault in the passlock system has been found and a DTC is present. a shop with the right scanner can extract the code for you so the problem can be diagnosed. i would say you passlock bypass for the alarm system is interfering with a passlock component. thinking specifically that perhaps it opened the sensor signal circuit from the passlock module to passlock sensor.

McFizzl

Broke as a Joke.
Reaction score
Glad my truck doesn't have a chip key. Good ol' 97. Do what I did on my camaro and bypass the entire system. I got pissed off one day and just completely removed the Passkey system from the car. Best mod I ever did to that car.

gmcjose

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2002 gmc yukon security light on

i have a 2002 gmc yukon it was working fine never had an issued one morning it just wont start i notice that the security light was on and check for spark and fuel there is none it turns (there is plenty of gas ) the engine over everything works except the gas gauge it does not move at all i did the 10 min wait with the key on the on position dont know what else to do

Make: GMC
Model: Yukon 4x4
Year: 2002

Already Tried:
i did the 10 min wait with the key on also disconnected the harness on top of the key switch

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/gmc/90oo8-gmc-yukon-4x4-2002-gmc-yukon-working-fine.html#ixzz3WAeIEfSW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GCL24