Park assist sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True but there are lots of ways around that ;)

Ya I'm going to have to figure something out these new motors run good but they feel like they have lots of torque management in them so I think there is a lot more piece to be had. Also I never have really been a fan of the active fuel management I had It disable on the old one and didn't see any mpg loss

why_fly_high

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a 2015 yukon denali yesterday and the park assist comes up in the center of the gauge cluster when pulling foward or backing. I don't get any audio alert or seat alert when getting close to something. Does anyone know if this is a setting that has to be turned on. I got to get it working so my wife isn't backing into stuff lol.

On my Tahoe the seat doesn't vibrate until the nearest indicator turns red. Seems to still give me about 12" of clearance.

kcb14214

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having an issue with park sensors now. I went for a no touch car wash, I have gotten many of them from this same place with this and other vehicles. It shut off during the spray and won't turn back on. Shut the truck off etc, no change.bthoughts?

Last edited:

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My park assist stopped making any sounds when activated. Has anyone been to the dealer for a fix?

ssingh1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bumping this ...we just bought a new 2017 and I discovered it today. Pulled it in the garage and while the warning lights come on (yellow/orange/red), the chime doesnt come on at all!!! Same thing when going in reverse. I checked the vehicle settings and it's set to "chime".

I can't get te IR headphones to work either with te rear entertainment system so might be taking this puppy to my local dealer this coming weekend. Kinda bummed out as this is our first american made car ..........

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember guys that the seat vibration or chime will not activate until the last (red) line appears front or rear, and that's when you're about 12" from an object. At least that's my experience.

Denada

Reaction score
Mine are pretty useless, not sure if they need to be serviced: Sometimes they beep in the red zone, sometimes they don't. Or I'll get in to the red zone (when I'm parking or meandering through a tight parking garage) and then 10 seconds later it will beep. Or I'll be reversing and the front sensors pick up the wall I'm reversing from and beep (huh!?!). I have learned to ignore them which is probably the smarter thing to do. Again, maybe mine need to be updated but some of the behavior I believe is intended (and just not thought out correctly).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA