Panhard & arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How necessary is it to get the panhard and adjustable upper and lower bars for the rear? I had plans on doing the entire suspension but I decided buying a house is a more important :D so that money I had saved up will be going towards that.

I still plan on doing the 3/5.5 drop so I am concerned with the rear end placement after the drop. How many of you are using this drop with out the panhard and rear control arms? Any issues? Any other info you think is important?

Also what about the upper control arms for the front? How necessary are they? What do they change when added? The kit I am looking at is the 3/5.5 with the lower control arms, shocks, hardware and rear spings.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
wiht the 3/5.5 kit you will be fine with the djm relocators and honeslty I would do the panhard bar.

ghost

Reaction score
im running 2/5.5 and i dont have the adj panhard or arms, or the rear hardware kit and have 0 issues. i can say that i do need the rear hardware kit to get everything located like it needs to be, but as for driving, it drives great and i have 0 issues.
as for the front im just running keys, so i cant really say anything about that but i hear the lower control arms ride 10 times better and im thinking about goin that route.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If your on the budget do the 3/5.5 kit and the rear panhard bar and will ride great and save some coin

dirty runner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear panhard bar lets you recenter the rear axle after dropping it. The factory bar is non-adjustable so when you drop it, it will push the axle offcenter and possibly cause rubbing issues.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the panhard! The upper & lower trailing arms are nice but NOT necessary.

Upper control arms will help ease the balljoint angles but aren't necessary either.

If you splurge on 1 item buy the panhard...

Cameron

OP
OP
PUNKYOU007

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awsome! Sorry Tony, I appreciate all the time you spent with me on this and my other posts. I got honestly was going to purchase the full cornering kit and the Spohn kit...but me and my wife got to talking about houses and we....she...decided I dont need to spend that much on my 10 year old truck. Maybe in the future.

Thanks for you guys help too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660