Painted Escalade roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the crossbars still work with the wrap? I had mine painted and so far so good after 2 years.

Silent D

Reaction score
What's the difference between the Escalade roof rack and the one in my LTZ?

OP
OP
KBones

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between the Escalade roof rack and the one in my LTZ?

It sits flush across the roof and just looks a little smoother and cleaner. I'm still on the fence if I love it or not..

OP
OP
KBones

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the crossbars still work with the wrap? I had mine painted and so far so good after 2 years.

The wrap will hold up just fine. It looks painted and is easy to fix if it were to get damaged in any way. I'm a manager at a shop that tints, wrap cars, and installs paint protection film, so the vinyl is readily available to use.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wrap will hold up just fine. It looks painted and is easy to fix if it were to get damaged in any way. I'm a manager at a shop that tints, wrap cars, and installs paint protection film, so the vinyl is readily available to use.
I understand but the reason I asked if the crossbars still work is the because of the way they grab onto the main tracks and I was thinking the wrap would interfere. The reason I mentioned the paint holding up is because it's chrome underneath which is difficult to get paint to hold on to. My friend owns a body shop and he had to do alot of prep before he could paint them. But wrap wouldn't have worked for me anyway because there isn't a way to match my paint. Black or white is probably the only paint that you could match with a wrap.

Silent D

Reaction score
It sits flush across the roof and just looks a little smoother and cleaner. I'm still on the fence if I love it or not..

So the rack sits closer to the roof of the Tahoe with the Escalade rack? I might need to look into the then. I can't park my Tahoe in my garage because the arm for the garage door sits down about a inch too low and hits my cross bars. It can fit if I take the cross bars off or the garage door arm.

OP
OP
KBones

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand but the reason I asked if the crossbars still work is the because of the way they grab onto the main tracks and I was thinking the wrap would interfere. The reason I mentioned the paint holding up is because it's chrome underneath which is difficult to get paint to hold on to. My friend owns a body shop and he had to do alot of prep before he could paint them. But wrap wouldn't have worked for me anyway because there isn't a way to match my paint. Black or white is probably the only paint that you could match with a wrap.
Gotcha. I used an adhesive promoter that makes the vinyl stick better. I can move the cross bars back and forth with to problem or damaging the film.

Silent D

Reaction score
I removed the cross bars and it fits. Man those things are a pita to get off. A ton of walking back and forth pushing each side. Theres got to be a better way to be able to push them around without going back and forth.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I used an adhesive promoter that makes the vinyl stick better. I can move the cross bars back and forth with to problem or damaging the film.
Awesome. That's a great alternative, just wish I could get CM film.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700