P0700 trans code stopped moving...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Well I think my trans finally went. .
Was highway driving 65 mph trans started jerking and went into 4 gear. Drove for another 4 miles to exit. Eng temp went to 250 trans temp also 250 coolant temp was 210 after I stopped it didnt want to take off again. Waited a few minutes and it started moving enough to get in a parking lot. Code reader said P0700. Tried to clear it but it doesn't clear. Trans level is ok. Things feel hot but it is 105 degrees here today.

So two questions to start.
1. Does it sound terminal?
2. Best place to get it fixed? Dealership aamco or indipendant shop?

Btw I am in Phoenix and 80 miles from home.. And I really don't want to fix it myself.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pure speculation but if you do not find any metal in the fluid you could maybe get lucky and replace the tchcm (techem) do a relearn and drive.
they run about $500.00

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think my trans finally went. .
Was highway driving 65 mph trans started jerking and went into 4 gear. Drove for another 4 miles to exit. Eng temp went to 250 trans temp also 250 coolant temp was 210 after I stopped it didnt want to take off again. Waited a few minutes and it started moving enough to get in a parking lot. Code reader said P0700. Tried to clear it but it doesn't clear. Trans level is ok. Things feel hot but it is 105 degrees here today.

So two questions to start.
1. Does it sound terminal?
2. Best place to get it fixed? Dealership aamco or indipendant shop?

Btw I am in Phoenix and 80 miles from home.. And I really don't want to fix it myself.
@gpracer1

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious about the overheating part of it. In my mind a transmission failure shouldn't cause it to overheat, but an overheat could cause the trans to fail maybe? Like a chicken and egg situation.

Curious if you have trans and coolant mixing