P0496 Charcoal Canister?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billydunwoody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unrelated to my other post which was solved, I forgot to mention I have a P0496 code. I have replaced the Purge Valve (two times, both GM), the connector and the tube and the code keeps coming back. I read that the code *might* also be the charcoal canister and I just put two and two together and realized that when I pump gas it always stops multiple times and that could be the charcoal canister as well.
Does a bad charcoal canister trigger P0496?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unrelated to my other post which was solved, I forgot to mention I have a P0496 code. I have replaced the Purge Valve (two times, both GM), the connector and the tube and the code keeps coming back. I read that the code *might* also be the charcoal canister and I just put two and two together and realized that when I pump gas it always stops multiple times and that could be the charcoal canister as well.
Does a bad charcoal canister trigger P0496?
Possibly, but either way with that symptom your charcoal canister needs replacing and possibly the lines blown out as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter72

Latest posts