Overheating after New Intake gaskets..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
I want tranny temp, water temp, coolant pressure(yeah you read that right) power steering temp, tranny line pressure, fuel pressure, vacuum, A/F ratio for each bank, Volt and ammeter for 2 each batteries and for alternator, oil temp, indoor /outdoor temp.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

for now just using a Scangauge II Which I understand can be piggybacked with each other but you can not add inputs to it. Reads directly of the diag connector. Thought about stacking a few together. But also limited on what is available from pcm.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Although all the gauges in autometer form would be good too. The issue I have with it is I need some of the faceplate names changed like for coolant pressure or PS temp, trans press..etc.

OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, I wish I had a place to mount a dozen gauges because frankly, If I had an intake vacuum, water pressure, and a good water temp gauge I guarantee you I would've seen those gaskets going way sooner... I've been looking across the interwebz and I found banks makes a nice 3 gauge pillar pod, and I found a nice 3 gauge dash pod (not hoe specific, but i think it would work...). And I'll tell ya, I'm gettin' idears here :shocked:

I want to fix the coolant gauge in my cluster so I dont need to waste space with that, then:
1)vacuum(this one will satisfy my immaturity), coolant press, and EGT/ fuel trim on dash
2)Oil temp, tranny temp, and fuel pressure maybe?

thats just A LOT of work haha

However, I can COMPLETELY justify all of this because abnormalities in all of these gauge readings would tell me quite a bit about what is wrong with her, should something go wrong...

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That is the idea. A little chime-for a warning here or there. If several go at once- maybe a beeping alarm. Engine stalls while at high vehicle speed-a nice big Klaxon alarm and blinking red "warning" light.

I could make an aircraft type master-alarm circuit. That would be cool. But that probably means changing the instrumentation system to a data acquisition type system. Could easily go past a grand in cost. I don't have the money too. I got to get this monster fixed so I can work again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah getting her running would definitely be your best choice right now! haha

but I think I just may go that route, with many gauges... many, many gauges... :)
then I shall rename it the spaceship!

Am I really really gonna have to pay upwards of 50 bucks for a pillar pod?! comeon man...

OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I guess I'll just have to fork up the dough then... I found one for about 30 bucks from a company called 'GlowShift' but seeing as it's $20-$30 cheaper than everyone else, I'm kinda worried about quality issues. I dont want a piece of crap on my a-pillar in front of my face haha.

as for wiring, I would just use an add a circiut and wire the gauges lights into the dimmer circiut, right?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
one for ignition power on, one wire for illumination, ground and whatever the sensor uses. A good circuit in the truck can handle each type of wire for three gauges.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

need a recommendation for the power and lighting circuits?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
try fuse #4 for ignition on control and #14 for illumination control. would not add more than three gauges on these circuits for now. But you could always add a relayed setup for more later.

OP
OP
B

BattelWagun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay thats fine then, I want to definitely put in a triple gauge A-pillar with vacuum, trans temp, and oil temp or water press. I think the vacuum gauge is mecanincal, but I'd still have to wire up the light for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts