Orange reflector in headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled my headlights apart to paint and now I need some opinions. Should I leave the amber corners in, tint them with nite shades, or leave them out?! I've been going back and forth on this all night :emotions122: so here's my dilemma....not to fond of the orange but it keeps it "legal", smoked "illegal", removed "illegal" and plain looking. Any input would help me a lot right now. I wanna reseal and install these!

c6e4dcbf-93fd-f914.jpg

c6e4dcbf-9412-7948.jpg

c6e4dcbf-9427-aae3.jpg

c6e4dcbf-9441-f6c6.jpg

Last edited:

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say light smoke-looks outta place with no reflector and that shiny chrome showing....at least with a lighter tint you maight stand a chance for legality purposes ;)

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need to do this and remove my amber lens, looks way better with it gone, just knowing my luck I'll put the headlights in the oven and forget about them! :emotions122:

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Forgot to add, I'd leave them without the amber!! Looks much cleaner!!

OP
OP
mharders

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I did forget about one while working on the other one for about 20 min. It was fine

Here's another pic in the daylight with amber removed
c6e4dcbf-f087-d7ed.jpg

c6e4dcbf-f09b-f685.jpg

Last edited:

2005SnowKon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good, found my smoked bumper lights so let me know how this turnes out and ill figure out if i want to do that as well this weekend. What did you use to reseal it?

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
looks better with reflector removed. I can't find anything in Arizona revised statutes that require having to have reflectors on front headlights? Only for certain vehicles. May wanna check n know local laws to verify in ur state regarding lighting requirements. different states, different laws, but always helps to know

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it looks good with it out-I thought I seen a set where they removed the amber lense and there was chrome behind it...hmmmm....the chrome was too much but without that there-it looks good. Just hope the law doesn't catch it ;)

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good without the amber but I believe you need an amber or white reflector somewhere on the front side of the vehicle to stay legal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen