Opinions on Eibach suspension package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SD-Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello

New to forum and normally all my vehciles have off road suspension packs.

My new Tahoe however I would like to be road oriented.

With that in mind I was looking as installing the Eibach suspension pro pack

Includes springs and sway bars, I would add Bilstien shocks too. It says mild drop....anyone know how much that would be?

I am looking for improved handling small lowering and good looks.

I am planning on 285/60-18 tires any thoughts if these will work with this suspension?

Thank from a newbie

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mild drop usually translates 2/3. Though I think a 1/2 is mild and 2/3 is normal or the standard.

No experience with Eibach kits, but as others here will tell you using the stock strut with new springs....... the ride sucks and/or you will blow the OEM Strut.

Just what I have read being here a while.

There are plenty of kits Beltech, Pedders, GroundForce, Eibach, and DJM.

Lots of Belltech fans here, if you go that route call NorcalSS Tony and get it from him. Great Support.

285/60-18 tires is a 31.4 inch tall tire will work but........18's Really? Why........do you already have the wheels?

If you are buying new wheels at least do 20's, helps with resale later too. No one IMHO wants 18's unless they need them to drive off the lot or till winter comes.

Also, Start thinking about helper bags and budget it if you want to use your SUV as a SUV........Hauling & Towing.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello

New to forum and normally all my vehciles have off road suspension packs.

My new Tahoe however I would like to be road oriented.

With that in mind I was looking as installing the Eibach suspension pro pack

Includes springs and sway bars, I would add Bilstien shocks too. It says mild drop....anyone know how much that would be?

I am looking for improved handling small lowering and good looks.

I am planning on 285/60-18 tires any thoughts if these will work with this suspension?

Thank from a newbie

the springs leave a lot to be desired and the rear will sit much higher. Your much better off doing one of these 2 kits for lowering. And i used to sell and install eibachs so dealt wwith them enough
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

or

http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=106

OP
OP
S

SD-Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinion and info guys.

As to wheel tire size......I live up north in rural area......so I need 4WD, also roads are in poor condition so a little more side wall is desirable......50's or less are bent wheel for sure.

Also I am looking for more of a PPV look to my Tahoe......it's a LS version, black wheels minimal chrome etc. just want it to handle on road better and look tough.

Tony when I am ready I will give you a call.....are shocks necessary? Have Fox shocks on my HD with Cognito arms and it made a huge difference.

Recommendation on tire wheel size based upon my needs a look desired?

Bossy70

Reaction score
My Eibach 2/3 pro-plus kit (springs and sway bars) just arrived today. I am going to wait on other parts, so it may be a little while before I can provide into on stance and ride quality.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinion and info guys.

As to wheel tire size......I live up north in rural area......so I need 4WD, also roads are in poor condition so a little more side wall is desirable......50's or less are bent wheel for sure.

Also I am looking for more of a PPV look to my Tahoe......it's a LS version, black wheels minimal chrome etc. just want it to handle on road better and look tough.

Tony when I am ready I will give you a call.....are shocks necessary? Have Fox shocks on my HD with Cognito arms and it made a huge difference.

Recommendation on tire wheel size based upon my needs a look desired?

with the 2/3-4 kit i sell you can do 285 65 18 with no issue. if you do 20s you can do 285 55 18

Bossy70

Reaction score
Got my Eibach kit done... the 2/3 kit lowered mine 1/2.6 according to my before and after measurements. That is with new dampers, but I was really hoping for an exact 2/3.

I actually like the ride quality (even with the 24s) better than stock. It is firm, but very controlled feeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123