Onstar & related functions out on my 2022 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Suddenly no Onstar, no Google, no Alexa, no Speed Limit display and no connection with the GM App!

Onstar says take it to dealer.

Did so and dealer says it needs a part that has to be ordered AND GUESS WHAT? ITS ON BACKORDER. Paid a fortune for this vehicle and now it's reverted back to an SLT or worse.

Denali84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What’s the update? I think my 22 Denali is experiencing the same exact thing.

michaeld

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Suddenly no Onstar, no Google, no Alexa, no Speed Limit display and no connection with the GM App!

Did so and dealer says it needs a part that has to be ordered AND GUESS WHAT? ITS ON BACKORDER. Paid a fortune for this vehicle and now it's reverted back to an SLT or worse.
I have same issue. 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate. Been down for a month already. OnStar F Module crapped out.

"The **F Module GM 86803986** is a part of the **Onstar** system in the **2023 GMC Sierra 1500**¹. It is a communication interface that is used to connect the vehicle to the Onstar network. The F module is responsible for providing the vehicle with a variety of services, including emergency assistance, remote diagnostics, and turn-by-turn navigation¹. The F module also includes the **Super Cruise** feature, which is an advanced driver assistance system that allows for hands-free driving on compatible highways¹

On BACK ORDER (special order only). Dealers must order through "Model Electronics" and currently there is -ZERO- visibility on when units are to be available. My dealer says many orders "ahead" of me... Part is apparently "VIN specific" so requires sourcing from GM.

Not a happy camper!
Warranty is only as good as parts availability!!! OMG

Update:
Model Electronics no longer services/supplies module. Specmo Enterprises now acts as supplier for dealerships seeking this module. Back-order still exists and expected to remain through "late March"

Last edited:

TASH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have same issue. 2023 Yukon XL Denali Ultimate. Been down for a month already. OnStar F Module crapped out.

"The **F Module GM 86803986** is a part of the **Onstar** system in the **2023 GMC Sierra 1500**¹. It is a communication interface that is used to connect the vehicle to the Onstar network. The F module is responsible for providing the vehicle with a variety of services, including emergency assistance, remote diagnostics, and turn-by-turn navigation¹. The F module also includes the **Super Cruise** feature, which is an advanced driver assistance system that allows for hands-free driving on compatible highways¹

On BACK ORDER (special order only). Dealers must order through "Model Electronics" and currently there is -ZERO- visibility on when units are to be available. My dealer says many orders "ahead" of me... Part is apparently "VIN specific" so requires sourcing from GM.

Not a happy camper!
Warranty is only as good as parts availability!!! OMG

Update:
Model Electronics no longer services/supplies module. Specmo Enterprises now acts as supplier for dealerships seeking this module. Back-order still exists and expected to remain through "late March"
Mine is a 22 yukon SLE. The music coming out of the speakers started sounding like the speakers were broke or the radio was not getting good reception. But it was hit or miss when it would do it. Then a couple of weeks it just stops working. 4k miles out of warranty and they tell me it will be $650 and at least 3 weeks before part comes in. I just now got the chips in for my car. I've been incredibly disappointed with this yukon.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Reverted back?? LOL, my SLT has Onstar, Google, Speed Limit and GM app....these arent Denali specific features!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts