One (1) cupped tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running the OEM Eagle LS2 tires. They have about 48k miles on them and appear to have at least 5-10k more miles left before requiring replacement. But they are not great---not particularly smooth or quiet or anything. In fact, over the past month or so I have to inflate them almost once per week since they lose up to 2-3 lbs in that interval. And one of the tires is way out of round and/or slightly cupped.

I had been planning to replace them after getting my 2016 year end bonus but other maintenance & repair items are pushing me to delay spending another $1k right now for tires.

It is a good or bad idea to replace tires on one axle now, then replace the ones on the other axle 6-8 months down the road?

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Nah it's fine. 2 at a time. But it can be a issue if your awd. Tires with lower tread depth will spin faster than a new tire. I seen where it messes with an awd system.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point.
4wd and I'm in 2wd unless there's snow or ice-----and I guess we lucked out here, since it looks like we may get through this season with basically NO SNOW.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the diameters are too far off, it will mess with the ABS speed sensors also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia