Oh hello by the way...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
I've been posting on this site for months and realized I never really introduced myself. I love the site and plan on sticking around a bit so figured I should probably let you all know who SLCHoe is.

I work in Salt Lake City, Utah at a Honda dealership. As a used car / line technician, I prepare recently purchased auction cars and trade-ins ready for sale on the lot, or if they're crap trade-ins, sign them off to go to auction.

I actually did the used car inspection on my current 04 Tahoe not knowing I'd be buying it a month later. I remember it was in great condition and had absolutely zero leaks. I'm used to seeing the usual oil pan, rear main and axle seal leaks on these as they come through alot (because people love them). No 4WD issues with the switches or encoder motor. The only issue was that being a 04 the TPMS sensors batteries are at the end of their lives and they all need replacement. I had one bad sensor, changed it out and a month later another one went. I'm just going to wait till I replace the tires to swap them.

The truck looked great. It came with a 6" Procomp bracket lift that was installed right and new 35" BFG's on it. It is a Regency outfitted truck so it's basically a fully loaded LT with upgrades like the Warn paint-matched fender flares and added interior luxuries.

I actually traded in my pride and joy 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 for it. Though I loved the truck, it was just a crappy design. After having the head gasket start to fail again after just doing a 15 hr head gasket replacement myself on it 7 months prior, I had to get out of it. The truck itself was great. Solid front and rear axles, traction control, center locking differential... great stuff. On the other hand, the 1960's GM V8 derived engine in it was absolute crap. I've been a tech for 10 years on gas and diesel engines. Those 4.0L engines are garbage... specifically the engine sleeve design and the ridiculous bypass cooling system.

The radio didn't work when I bought it . Sent it to our Chevy Dealer and they said the Bose amp was shot. Since it was thee Bose Premium amp and I had to rip the center console apart anyway, I decided to upgrade the amp to the LUX model. I rewired the connectors for the amp as it should be with the LUX harness. That was a pain but I got it done, checked it , rechecked it and rechecked the wiring again. I have a UQ6 that cannot be reprogrammed so I picked up a Kenwood DDX-470 from a friend for $100. IT was installed in his truck recently so he agreed to get a warranty replacement for me instead of giving me his same unit. Basically got a factory refurbished unit for $100. Not a bad deal. Still waiting on the PAC RP5-GM11 to install it.

Plans include 35" Open Country M/T's on 20x10 Fuel Mavericks, 1.5 or 3" Zone BL, color-matching front and rear bumpers and HID retro in Depo housings. I'd also like a full width LED lightbar eventually.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome: newbie!!!! :D

OP
OP
SLCHOE

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Welcome and please upload more pictures!

Here are a couple from the last time I washed it. There was a storm passing through last night so I'll have to wash it again before I take more pics. ;)

picture.jpg

picture.jpg