Offroad parts suggestions? Whats needed to be beefed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NativH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been looking at new UCA's with Uniballs along with Fox Coilovers for my '13 Z71. I keep hearing that the Uniballs don't last long, like perhaps only a year before needing replacement. Any experience with longevity issues?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
No experience with them either heard the same. I went with regular ball joints that can be replaced with moog ones for cheap.

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In terms of fuel mileage, when I put 35's on the Silverado and tuned it, I had zero MPG change from the stock tires. Still cranks out around 17-18mpg highway, so I wouldn't let that affect your decisions.

Teach me your ways! I put a 3" lift and 32" tires on my 2004 Yukon and I get about 3 mpgs less! I also have had a superchip for a few years now so I've been trying to find the most efficient setting but can't average more than 14 mpgs.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best offroad upgrade i can tell you to invest in other than a good set of tires and a mild lift is a locker. It will change the game for you.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at new UCA's with Uniballs along with Fox Coilovers for my '13 Z71. I keep hearing that the Uniballs don't last long, like perhaps only a year before needing replacement. Any experience with longevity issues?

Uniballs can last a long time, but you need to take care of them. Have the TC UCAs on another rig for over 2 years. Take if offroad quite a bit which includes sand, mud, and snow (also salt/snow from city winter roads). Also been through 2 winters in Idaho and they are still going strong at about 30k miles.

I clean the uniballs after any offroad trip and lube them with a dry type lube like Tri-Flow or Boeing T-9 (I think that's what it is called). Just wipe and lube, takes less than a minute.

BTW there are uniball UCAs that are sealed on top from Icon and Camburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave