OEM spare tire mount, 99 Tahoe Basic 2dr 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K7KY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for an OEM spare tire mount for 99 Tahoe Basic 2dr 4x4. Previous owner removed the mount assembly and tire for more boombox space. I have tire chained to body for safety, but it takes up already limited flat space. We've searched for this bracket w/o success. There seems to be more than one configuration; we've not found the correct one. I've been on another Tahoe forum for a couple years, but there's very few members and fewer posts. Maybe someone here has one or knows of one. I don't need the cosmetic tire cover. I really appreciate this forum. I've already learned a lot about our Tahoe w/o asking, just reading relevant threads.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d second car-part as it usually has photos of the salvage vehicles.

The carrier was specific to the two-door but looks to have been the same part used for the K Blazer. Suburban was different - the tire sat in a little tray.

The parts diagrams are here:

It doesn’t call out anything specific to trim package. Mine (Sport) just has the bar bolted directly through the side trim panel, so GM didn’t go through a whole lot of trouble making it attractive. Here are the Blazer/Tahoe part numbers in case it helps with the search:

IMG_2895.png
IMG_8754.jpeg

For comparison, this is the Suburban’s version:

IMG_8755.png

OP
OP
K7KY

K7KY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for the references and parts list. I was a bit hasty with this post. I'd forgotten my wife searched for the mount 2yrs ago. She called about 20 shops listed @ Car-Parts over 2wks b4 she gave up. Many shops were helpful and sent images, but most didn't seem to know there's a difference between 2&4dr units. She did find one in Florida that looked correct but with shipping it was near $200 and still might be incomplete or not fit. I chained the spare to the body at the rear tire mount. Not elegant, but it prevents the spare from becoming an asteroid in a rollover. Although it takes up limited floor space, it improves CG slightly and leave the window clear. We keep tools and jumper cables in the tire hollow.DSC_9120.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chead